[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI bugs

Renato Flórido renatontv at netvisao.pt
Tue Jan 30 13:33:20 PST 2007

While installing the latest version of the PBI creator, V3.0.2, I stumbled
upon a few problems:

I installed the 3.0.2 PBI without uninstalling the previous 3.0 version
which had created the a on the K menu under “development”.

So I had:

 K Menu

            |__ Development

                                     |__ V3.0

                                     |__ V3.0.2

The first issue I noticed is that there was no PBI update available. As this
is an official package, one would expect the best support from PC-BSD. This
is the first issue.

Moving on

I then proceeded to Uninstall the oldest version of the PBI creator, V3.0.

Uninstallation was easy and without any trouble as expected but I have lost
the /Development directory on the K menu and thus, lost access to the PBI
creator.

I have tried installing V3.0.2 on top of itself but the /development/V3.0.2
menu directories were not restored.

I will try uninstalling the 3.0.3 PBI creator and installing again to see
what the results are