[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] [PC-BSD Core] pbidir kaos

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Dec 26 10:56:00 PST 2007

Gon,

It is a mess. For now I would say go ahead and when you add any new
PBI's from the build-server, remove any old versions of that program
from PBIDir and the mirrors. If you run across any "broken" PBI's,
please remove those as well.

Also, what do you guys think about restructuring the mirrors a bit?
Maybe instead of placing "Firefox" in PBI/Web/ we make sub-folders for
each app, like PBI/Web/Firefox/Firefox2.0.0.8.pbi, then list all
versions of FF in the "Firefox" subfolder, which makes it easier to
cleanup old versions.

Also, I hope everybody had a great Christmas! We did here, and are
looking forward to the new year as well.

We are working hard on the PBI stuff still. I plan on writing an update
to the PBI installer in the next week or so. I want to add a few new
features:

  * Allow user to select install location
  * Display required disk space for PBI
  * Internal MD5 check for PBI program data

http://www.pcbsd.com