[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] [Pbibuild] PBI Autobuild: inkscape (with the language problem)

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Dec 12 06:47:53 PST 2007

It was a problem with the LANG variable. These programs we are having
problems with are GTK or non-KDE, and they don't know how to determine
which lang the user is running the desktop under. The reason it works
when you have the PBI Installer "launch" it is because I had LANG set
within the program, but when you launch from KDE, it doesn't set LANG,
it assumes you will handle that.

So I modified the startup script the PBI installer creates, so now it'll
set LANG automatically, by pulling the data from the KDE session. I
tested it with Sylpheed and BMPx, and it works great on both. They
should be rebuilding all later on today, so when you see the
notification e-mail, feel free to try them out.

Also, I noticed the BMPx works, but doesn't appear to be fully
translated, in Spanish anyway. Thats not something we can fix on our
end, but once the BMP folks get it fully translated in a future release,
it'll show up in a future PBI :)

http://www.pcbsd.com