[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] MSo97 pbi

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Apr 21 10:16:02 PDT 2007

Andrei Kolu wrote:
> On Saturday 21 April 2007 16:46, Gonzalo Martinez - Sanjuan Sanchez wrote:
>> Has someone removed  MSOffice97 pbi?
>> I have already upload it and post it in "PBIs ready for test" this
>> afternoon and now its gone and have been dissapear.
>
> I removed it from public forum because we don't likeMicrosoft suing our ass
> off. I sent you message couple of hours ago about this issue.
>
> More information about EULA (End User Lincense Agreement)
> http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/EULAFAQ.htm
>
> MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
>
> #. Scope of License.  The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only
> gives you some rights to use the software.  Microsoft reserves all other
> rights.  Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation,
> you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement.  In
> doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that
> only allow you to use it in certain ways.
>
> *You may not*:
>
> *disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third
> party without Microsoft’s prior written approval;
> *work around any technical limitations in the software;
> *reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to
> the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
> *make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed
> by applicable law, despite this limitation;
> *publish the software for others to copy;
> *rent, lease or lend the software;
> *transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
> use the software for commercial software hosting services.
>
> #. BACKUP COPY.  You may make one backup copy of the software.  You may use it
> only to reinstall the software.
>
> !DSPAM:1,462a2841247751155880143!

Andrei,

For whatever reason it seems that Gonzalo never got any message from you
about his PBI being removed, it just disappeared without warning. I
think we all need to have a discussion about this in -core, to figure
out one and for all what the policy should be on this sort of action.
I'll get the party started over there :P

http://www.pcbsd.com