[Installer] Where can I install pre defined configs on the usb image?

krad kraduk at googlemail.com
Sat May 8 14:29:54 PDT 2010

hi,

I've been playing around with the pc-sysinstall to install freebsd, and it
works very well. One thing I have noticed though is that I can't find
anywhere on the usb image to put pre generated configs and post install
scripts. All areas seem to be either volatile or not mounted.  Putting them
directly on the /dev/ufs/PCBSDUSBFULL  file system isn't ideal even though
is persistent, as you have to mount it, then ummount it otherwise
pc-sysinstall breaks. Am I missing something here?

I could easily update the mfsroot, but would rather avoid that as I want to
keep it clean as i can so when there are version bumps there is a minimal
amount of work to do to update my usb stick. (dd the image, and copy the
configs dir onto it)