[Installer] pc-sysinstall && multiple disks

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Dec 22 08:01:28 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 05:31:02PM -0500, Scott Ullrich wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have hacked up a working pfSense webInstaller using pc-sysinstall
> and must admit that I am liking it a lot! Great job!
>
> Everything works great except if you add a second disk to the
> configuration file it seems to ignore it.  I was hoping that it would
> work it's GPT magic, newfs and add to fstab.
>
> The configuration file that I am feeding to pc-sysinstall can be found
> here: http://cvs.pfsense.org/~sullrich/pc-sysinstall/pfSense-install.cfg
>
> I rsync'd the entire /tmp/.pc-sysinstall directory to here:
> http://cvs.pfsense.org/~sullrich/pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstalltmpdir/ ..
> Does everything look okay or am I missing a directive somewhere for
> the 2nd disk?

Your config file syntax is a bit off to do the 2nd disk stuff:

This is what you have:
--------------------------snip--------------------------
# Set the disk parameters
disk0=ad0
disk1=ad2

partition=all
bootManager=bsd
commitDiskPart

# Setup the disk label
disk0-part=UFS 64571 /
disk0-part=SWAP 964 none
disk1-part=UFS 65535 /disk2

# Do it now!
commitDiskLabel

This is how it should be formatted:

# Set the disk parameters for disk0
disk0=ad0
partition=all
bootManager=bsd
commitDiskPart

# Set the disk parameters for disk1
disk1=ad2
partition=all
bootManager=none
commitDiskPart

# Setup the disk label for disk0
disk0-part=UFS 64571 /
disk0-part=SWAP 964 none
commitDiskLabel

# Setup the disk label for disk1
disk1-part=UFS 65535 /disk2
commitDiskLabel

In other words, you need multiple commitDiskPark / commitDiskLabel directives
in order to setup different disks. Give that a shot, let me know how it works
now.

> Also, look out for a cpdup patch in the next couple days as I get a
> bit more time to extract it from our working repo and double test it
> before submitting.

Sounds great! Looking forward to getting it.