[Installer] FreeBSD Snapshots / ISOs with PC-Sysinstall

Brian A. Seklecki (CFI NOC) seklecki at noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us
Mon Aug 23 12:21:33 PDT 2010

On 8/17/2010 6:54 PM, Brian A. Seklecki (CFI NOC) wrote:
> All:
>
> Is anyone building FreeBSD snapshots with PC-Sysinstall?
>
> * Scott Ullrich's snapshots on pfsense.org do not seem to be building.
> * John Hixon (SP?) at BSDCan2010 mentioned a FreeNAS project to
> graft a curses based installer

Also, I'm assuming someone is maintaining patches to
/usr/src/release/Makefile and /usr/src/release/*/boot_crunch.conf

The crunchgen stuff looks easy;

The only other thing to do is set $init_path in loader.conf to include
/stand/pc-sysinstall, which can be done in the Makefile.

Defaults:

#init_path="/sbin/init:/sbin/oinit:/sbin/init.bak:/rescue/init:/stand/sysinstall"

Before I go butchering my source tree, does anyone care to share
existing patches?

Thanks,
   ~BAS