[PC-BSD Dev] 4th quarter ideas

Joe Maloney jmaloney at pcbsd.org
Sat Jul 12 16:22:34 PDT 2014

Thanks for the support Sam.  Here is an initial version of what I was
thinking it would look like.

http://www.pkgdemon.com/downloads/pc-nfsmanager.png

It's heavily lifted from the advanced view of pc-usermanager as far as the
arrangement.  However it's all new project files.  How it would work is
basically a user would click pc-controlpanel, click nfs manager, and then
authenticate.  After this type they would type required info, click add.
This would add an entry fstab, create the directory if that box was
checked, mount, then the window should refresh showing only the filtered
nfs mount points from fstab.  The only thing not shown will be an option
when clicking remove that will simply ask if it should remove the directory
when removing the mount point.

I've thought about adding a server side component as well.  However I think
that might be redundant with pc-zmanager already having a flag to share a
dataset via NFS.  So I'm not sure on that yet.  Another idea I was thinking
about was maybe adding a browse box for the local filesystem path after the
initial stuff is functional.  If anyone has any thoughts or ideas so for
let me know.  I know there was some talk earlier of a uniform layout
earlier on the list so I'll try to dig up that email and go over it to make
sure this complies with that.

Joe Maloney