[PC-BSD Dev] Gnome 3 mimetypes possible fix for PBI's

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Feb 28 08:26:38 PST 2014

So, the pbi system does try to register mime-types automatically. It
uses the "xdg-mime" command to register file-types and such, along with
xdg-menu and others for icons. I'm wondering if perhaps the fix is to
update xdg-mime/xdg-menu/xdg-desktop to work with however gnome3 wants
its mime data? Maybe we should check upsteam, perhaps they have been
updated already?