[PC-BSD Dev] PC-BSD ZFS sometimes loses /usr/home after reboot

Rusmir Dusko nemysis at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 21 01:02:14 PST 2014

Hello

I have more times (more than 6) clean installed PC-BSD ZFS (9.2 and 10)
with same error.

All works good and great, but ...

PC-BSD ZFS sometimes loses /usr/home after reboot.

Installer have make symlink home to /usr/home,
this is good and needed.

After reboot X does not work because $HOME directory does not exist.

zfs list

I see

tank/usr/
tank/usr/home/

ls /usr/home gives nothing, all data are lost!

I have luckily my working PC-BSD 9.2 with UFS.
But here died slow harddisks.

Have bought (for PC-BSD 10) 16GB RAM and Intel GLAN CT Desktop em0 so that its driver
can replace buggy Marvel msk0 which does not work in 10.

Have bought because PC-BSD 10 16GB RAM and Intel GLAN CT Desktop em0 driver
to replace bugy Marvel msk0 which not works in 10.

Look [PC-BSD Testing] Upgrade from 9.2 to 10, msk0 watchdog timeout

Please correct this.

I do not wish to do another clean install and hope for a solution without that step.

--
Best regards,
Rusmir Dusko