[PC-BSD Dev] Testing new update system from 9.2 -> 10.0

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Feb 20 11:34:09 PST 2014

I've just finished up some work on a major re-write of our updating
system when "upgrading" between major releases, I.E. 9.2 -> 10.0, 10.0
-> 10.1.

https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/commit/b95e8a83c73511568ae4291a54e0f93f6c67ef30
https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd/commit/9a8b3d1945fa67db8e99b0e4e82280b5626aa895

It seems to work well here, but it needs some additional testing from
any users still running 9.2 who want to update to 10. To test this,
first grab the latest from git:

# git clone https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd.git pcbsd
# cd pcbsd/src-sh/pc-updatemanager
# make install

Then run:

# pc-updatemanager install fbsd-10.0-RELEASE

This should start the download / upgrade process. If anything fails
during the process, logs are kept in /root, which will assist me in
debugging.

Thanks!