[PC-BSD Dev] pkg and EVENT_PIPE

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Feb 18 07:23:32 PST 2014

Exactly my thoughts too.
Just use a more generic naming method for the libpcbsd backends instead
of labeling them by the primary front-end that uses it (so PBI-DB
instead of AppCafeBackend, since it is just how to access the PBI
database, or something along those lines).

I also agree that we could put a couple small GUI widgets or display
windows in libpcbsd as well. Again, just make sure they are generic
enough to be used in multiple locations.

This might be a good way to unify the PC-BSD application icon scheme as
well. Instead of having each utility bundle it's own copy of the icons,
we could have a single libpcbsd icon resource with a simplified
front-end function to get a type of icon. Something along the same lines
as the EasyPBI backend.cpp "icon(QString name)" function would work well
I think.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems