[PC-BSD Dev] pkg and EVENT_PIPE

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:17:10 PST 2014

Hello, Ken

I also have some plans about QProcess :)
I though about PCProcess class with those abilities:
#1 Process parser implementation for:
   a) Template matching (if process output matches some template signal
should be emited)
   b) Fetch process parser
#2 Remote process execution. Add ability to execute not only local process
but also process inside jail or on remote host via ssh

Some things about PBI backend. I like an idea to split some utils into
frontend (shared library) + set of widgets (shared library if needed) +
frontend ui app.
For example in case AppCafe:
1) libAppCafeBackend.so - PBI related non visual backend
2) libAppCafeWidgets.so - PBI list wodget, PBI details widget
3) AppCafe application

In case Update Center:
1) libUpdateCenterBackend.so - update handler classes (pbi, system,
packages) See *controller.h/*.controller.cpp in Update center sources
2) libUpdateCenterrWidgets.so - common state widget (displayed at home
tab), update details widgets
3) Update Center app

In case Warden UI
1) libWardenBackend.so - warden low level backend
2) libWardenWidgets.so - Jails list widget, jail details widget

... and so on.

For example in this case Update center may use libAppCafeBackend to upgrade
PBIs. Update tray icon app and Warden UI may use  Update Center backend
classes and some widgets.

>  On 02/18/2014 04:01, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:
>
> Hello
>
>  Is it possible to return old fetch progress behaviour? Currentt
> realization (with EVENT_PIPE) is not good for event (signals) driven
> architecture. When you parse linear it is ok, but in case
> readyReadStandardOutput signal using another handler just for processing
> fetch only looks little ugly :(
>
>  Maybe I'll rework Update Center for reading raw fetch command output
> symbol by symbol...
>
>  --
> Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk

> I have been meaning to work on adding a new set of classes to libpcbsd
> specifically for things like this that interact with other PC-BSD systems
> (such download process information using the PC-BSD DL parsing).  I am just
> finishing up a couple enhancements to EasyPBI at the moment, but after that
> I will get started on it.
>
> A short list of things that I would like to get put into libpcbsd sometime
> in the future:
> 1) Download process runner/parser (subclassed QProcess).
> 2) PBI database info retrieval class/functions (moving them from the
> AppCafe into libpcbsd)
> 3) Static file/process simplification functions that I seem to use in all
> my utilities( FileRead, FileWrite, ProcRun, etc..)
>
> I will get #1 working first for you, that way you can use it here soon.
> :-)
>
> --
> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
> PC-BSD/iXsystems