[PC-BSD Dev] pkg and EVENT_PIPE

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Feb 18 05:18:43 PST 2014

On 02/18/2014 04:01, Yuri Momotiuk wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to return old fetch progress behaviour? Currentt
> realization (with EVENT_PIPE) is not good for event (signals) driven
> architecture. When you parse linear it is ok, but in case
> readyReadStandardOutput signal using another handler just for
> processing fetch only looks little ugly :(
>
> Maybe I'll rework Update Center for reading raw fetch command output
> symbol by symbol...
>
> --
> Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk

I have been meaning to work on adding a new set of classes to libpcbsd
specifically for things like this that interact with other PC-BSD
systems (such download process information using the PC-BSD DL
parsing).  I am just finishing up a couple enhancements to EasyPBI at
the moment, but after that I will get started on it.

A short list of things that I would like to get put into libpcbsd
sometime in the future:
1) Download process runner/parser (subclassed QProcess).
2) PBI database info retrieval class/functions (moving them from the
AppCafe into libpcbsd)
3) Static file/process simplification functions that I seem to use in
all my utilities( FileRead, FileWrite, ProcRun, etc..)

I will get #1 working first for you, that way you can use it here soon.  :-)

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems