[PC-BSD Dev] Mouse detection problem in PCBSD 10

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Sat Feb 8 08:31:07 PST 2014

Workaround for the time being (I couldn't get the system to load the
drivers on-demand so here's what I didn't want to do...):

I added the line:

ums_load="YES"
in /boot/loader.conf.pcbsd

and then rebuilt the grub configuration from the Emergency Management menu.

It works for now, brute-force loading the ums driver for all pcbsd
configurations before the auto-detection. Since PCBSD is a desktop
environment, I guess it could make sense to do this by default on the
next ISO image (until devd supports composite devices, which might take
some time it seems).

Claudio