[PC-BSD Dev] PC-BSD installation 4TB hardisk

nemysis nemysis at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 25 14:11:00 PDT 2013

Hello

I have had problem to install PC-BSD 9.2 on my 4TB harddisk

Model is WD4000FYYZ

http://m.wdc.com/en/product/580

http://www.storagereview.com/wd_re_4tb_enterprise_hard_drive_review_wd4000fyyz

I have good read

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Disk_Selection_Screen

I selected Partition disk with GPT because it is more than 2TB

Because my hardisk is 4K ready, i tried to force ZFS 4k block size

With these settings install good but GRUB does not find harddisk
and does not load system

With these settings install good but GRUB not find harddisk
and not load system I get only

grub-rescue:

When i don't use

Force ZFS 4k block size

System install and load good.

Please solve this, that i can use 4K for PC-BSD.

PS:

I can't sent to this list with this email nemysis at FreeBSD.org.

Best regards,
Rusmir Duško