[PC-BSD Dev] [PC-BSD Testing] First 10-STABLE images now available

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 20:49:32 PDT 2013

I’ve discovered that when I was originally booting the DVD I was booting into grub with bios emulation.  I found the option with refind to boot with efi.  It loads the grux64.efi console and boots to the PCBSD boot selection screen.  After selecting any option here it just locks up with a black console over the normal grub menu.

So I guess that answers the question of whether or not EFI boot is going to work on this iMac for now at least.  I have a few other macs I will try later and will report back if those work.

Joe Maloney