[PC-BSD Dev] [PC-BSD Testing] First 10-STABLE images now available

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Sat Oct 26 14:58:53 PDT 2013

On 10/26/2013 15:39, Joe Maloney wrote:
> Kris,
> is there anything new or special you did regarding grub when you built the DVD Image to boot using grub?  The refind boot loader for Mac’s can see’s the PCBSD DVD as Linux however it actually boots into grub.  :)  Unfortunately after install when refind see’s FreeBSD it does not boot grub.  I’m thinking whatever this difference is may also help fix bootcamp support.
>
> Joe Maloney

So the installer does boot grub, then into the installer normally? I
made the disk with "grub-mkrescue" with the grub2 & grub2-efi ports
installed.

I'm not doing anything different yet with grub-install during
installation. Not sure if you have to do some tweaking to that command
to "force" it to use EFI mode. It has these two flags which may be of
some use:

--target=TARGET
              install GRUB for TARGET platform [default=current]

--efi-directory=DIR
              use DIR as the EFI System Partition root.