[PC-BSD Dev] First 10-STABLE images now available

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Oct 25 04:11:37 PDT 2013

The first PC-BSD 10-STABLE images are now available for download!

http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org/10-STABLE/amd64/

Disclaimer

This image is a very early cut of the new stable/10 branch of FreeBSD
and is probably only suitable for advanced users or developers. A PKGNG
repository is available for this release, however it is missing a number
of packages we would normally ship with, such as virtualbox drivers, KDE
accessories, etc. The AppCafe will currently appear empty, but we plan
on populating it over the next few weeks.

New Features

* Includes FreeBSD 10-STABLE
* Updated KMS / AMD driver support
* ISO file is a hybrid USB file, and can be "dd"ed to a USB media.
* New text-based installer
* New UEFI loader on installation media
* Able to select between GRUB/BSD loaders during installation
* And much more!

Reporting Issues

Found a bug? Please report it, in as much detail as possible, to our
Trac database:

http://trac.pcbsd.org/