[PC-BSD Dev] pbi10 and pbidir.com

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 00:56:14 PDT 2013

Hi all

When you design pbi10 could you think about pbidir.com integration?
Let me explain. Take a look into ubuntu store or android market. This is
more than just application repo. Every application have screenshots, rating
and user feedback (selected by using language). Almost all of this was in
pbidir.com.
So maybe good idea is to add some optional field to the PBI repo index that
refer to some site (pbidir in common case). That site should provide simple
web API to get:
1. Current applications rating index (just like 'APP_NAME RATING' line by
line).
2. Screenshots URL list for application.
3. User reviews for application by language(s).
Also site may provide API for:
1. Rate application
2. Add application review
If something should be unigue (fir example user should rate app only once)
HISTID may be used.

In that case we will can range apps by rating in GUI, read and write
reviews, etc on AppCafe.

Or in simplest case we can only provide WebView inside AppCafe (simular to
AppCafe in 8.x) to display site contants. Or we can use mix of this cases:
Get apps rating index by api (for ranging in UI, but display site in
WebView for other).

I understand that things decribed above is a complex task that require
desktop and web development. Also you will need to maintain pbidir site. I
can not ask you for that, because I don't sure that I can help to develop
this (I still have no a time :( )
So this is just idea for future. If you like this just make ability for
future implementation in pbi10 format.

Thanks.

--
Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk