[PC-BSD Dev] pkgng repo & system updates question

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:35:47 PST 2013

Forgot to cc the list.

I'm not sure yet as far as how soon pkg will support multiple repos.  From
what I read on the mailing lists it was a known bug that had been fixed in
1.0.8.  Still investigating that however as I still couldn't get it to work.

>From what I read on the freebsd gnome mailing lists the recent security
problems with the FreeBSD package build servers have delayed the import of
Gnome 3 into the ports tree until the FreeBSD package build servers come
back online.  I haven't seen any word on whether or not they have.It
sounded like it was going to be quite a bit of work ahead for them though.
Even though the packages are functional they have to insure that they
import won't break other ports.  I am optimistic though as the packages are
for the most part seem more functional than a lot of the Gnome 2 releases I
have used in the past.

Joe