[PC-BSD Dev] pkgng repo & system updates question

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:53:56 PST 2013

I have built a pkg repo for Gnome 3 that I have been testing with your
rolling release and I have observed a couple of things.  It would appear
that you are using the packagesite: options becuase the multiple repo's
settings even in pkg 1.0.8 are just not working yet.  Can't wait until they
do work.  :)

https://github.com/pkgng/pkgng#multirepos

It would also appear that if I change the packagesite from PCBSD's repo to
my repo I will be unable to receive updates for PCBSD's packages and my
packages which is expected.  The big question I have is system updates.  If
I were to run with my own package repository until they day I can use both
would I still be able to get updates from system manager?  Will it still
use freebsd-update?  Or is it going to use pkg to run system upgrades as
well?

Joe