[PC-BSD Dev] Add Users

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Jun 21 13:24:59 PDT 2013

On 06/21/2013 16:20, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> I only use the GUI to add the users.
>
> Yes, I leave the data in the "/" dataset and then moving it once is
> all set.
>
> The dataset is mounted correctly at each reboot,  maybe it is not
> mounted when the user is created via the GUI ?
>
> Another problem I found: deleting the user does not delete the user
> folder.
>
> In my case I had to re-create the user with the same username, so I
> opened xterm, umounted, deleted the /home/<user> recreated (and it
> created it without mounting it) logged in and followed the steps that
> I previously said
>
> between before I add the user and after I add the user the mount
> doesn't change much except the trunk1/usr/home/<user> is mapped to
> /usr/home/<user>
>
> Fabry

Ahh, is this the old non-rolling release ISO you are using? I know I've
fixed several of those things in the rolling-release. Can you re-test
with this image?

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/staging/9.1-RELEASE/amd64/PCBSD9.1-RELEASE-06-03-2013-x64-DVD.iso

I know I've fixed the delete issue, and possibly the create dataset
issue as well. FWIW, I just created a new user, and it made the dataset
properly, I logged in changed settings, rebooted and they stayed the
same at login. Then I deleted the user, and it removed the old dataset.