[PC-BSD Dev] Add Users

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Fri Jun 21 13:20:53 PDT 2013

I only use the GUI to add the users.

Yes, I leave the data in the "/" dataset and then moving it once is all set.

The dataset is mounted correctly at each reboot,  maybe it is not
mounted when the user is created via the GUI ?

Another problem I found: deleting the user does not delete the user folder.

In my case I had to re-create the user with the same username, so I
opened xterm, umounted, deleted the /home/<user> recreated (and it
created it without mounting it) logged in and followed the steps that I
previously said

between before I add the user and after I add the user the mount doesn't
change much except the trunk1/usr/home/<user> is mapped to /usr/home/<user>

Fabry