[PC-BSD Dev] i386 bad package repo

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Tue Jun 18 17:48:44 PDT 2013

Hello,
The package repository for 32-bit versions has gone bad. Here's what's
happening:

* One package (wine-hq) is being either built for 64 bit and packaged in
the 32-bit repository or incorrectly being marked as 64 bit architecture.
* This package causes an error of incompatible ABI when using pkg to
upgrade.

What can be done to fix it?

I suggest somebody either fix the package that is built incorrectly, or
just remove from the repository until it is corrected.

Here's what I did to be able to download patches again:

 > wget http://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/mirror/packages/9.1-RELEASE/i386/repo.txz

 > tar -xzf repo.txz

 > sqlite3 repo.sqlite

then from the sqlite shell, type:

 > select * from packages where arch='freebsd:9:x86:64';

and it will list the offending package.

To eliminate the package:

 > delete from packages where arch='freebsd:9:x86:64';

then simply copy the repo.sqlite file to /var/db/pkg
and from now on use "pkg upgrade -U" and "pkg install -U".

But this needs to be done every single time I suspect there might be new
packages, I'd like this to be permanently fixed.

Can this bad package be eliminated from the repository? This will
benefit a lot of users of the i386 versions.

Claudio