[PC-BSD Dev] pc-thinclient external dhcp server

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 20:20:29 PDT 2013

Thanks Kris.  I've cloned the repo and I've added the option to use an
external dhcp server during the second prompt.  This will bypass installing
isc-dhcp and will ask the user to input their network id and subnet info
but I need to find a way to take that text and paste it into hosts.allow on
the appropriate line for ifs, etc.  I think that should work I just haven't
gotten that quite yet.

https://github.com/pkgdemon/pcbsd/blob/master/src-sh/pc-thinclient/pc-thinclient

While I am thinking about it I was just watching the presentation from
BSDcan on pc-thinclient and I learned a few things in the process.  I was
thinking since it was mentioned that the pc-thinclient environment is just
a chroot would it be possible to create an option in the warden to create
pc-thinclient jails in addition to linux jails, etc?  Then allow the user
to graphical set the network card to run off of, specify mac address
options, etc from there?  Would that even be possible to pxe boot into a
jail?

Joe Maloney