[PC-BSD Dev] EasyPBI version 2.1 such user password and fail to build

nemysis nemysis at gmx.ch
Mon Jul 29 08:00:48 PDT 2013

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:04:26 -0400
Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> >> The problem is that the user is asked for the user password but the root password is required.
> >
> > I suggest using pc-su instead of sudo.
> >
> > pc-su application
> >
> > pc-su use qsudo
> >

> > It is advisable to adjust Desktop entries as under
> >

> > cat /usr/local/share/applications/EasyPBI.desktop
> >
> > [Desktop Entry]
> > Encoding=UTF-8
> > Exec=pc-su EasyPBI
> > Icon=/usr/local/share/EasyPBI/EasyPBIicon.png
> > Type=Application
> >
> > Categories=Development;System;
> > Name=EasyPBI
> > Name[ar]=EasyPBI
> >
> > cat /usr/local/share/applications/pc-pkgmanager.desktop
> >
> > [Desktopcat /usr/local/share/applications/pc-pkgmanager.desktop
> > [Desktop Entry]
> > Encoding=UTF-8
> > Exec=pc-su pc-pkgmanager
> > Icon=computer
> > Type=Application
> > Categories=System;
> > Name=Package Manager
> > Name[bs]=Upravljać paketa
> > Entry]
> > Encoding=UTF-8
> > Exec=pc-su pc-pkgmanager
> > Icon=computer
> > Type=Application
> > Categories=System;
> > Name=Package Manager
> > Name[bs]=Upravljač paketa
> >

> > Other entries need minor adjustments on same lines.
> >

> >  From CLI everything works as expected.
> >
> > Ideally I will prefer pc-su.
> > Works always good, the best is this one, native PC-BSD pc-su solution
> >
> > pc-su EasyPBI
> >

> > The following works well as per FreeBSD instructions
> >
> > uxterm -e su -m root -c EasyPBI
> >

> > The last option is to use as GNU/Linux Ubuntu solution
> >
> > sudo /usr/local/bin/EasyPBI
> >

> > Thank you for your time and consideration.
> >

> >  From Curt Dox, this think I too
> >
> >> PS. Since being informed that by adjusting the sudoers file with visudo, it
> >> seems that the former
> >> root pass prompt can be restored, which simply now means it needs to be
> >> mentioned in our docs.
>
> EasyPBI already uses "pc-su" to properly switcher user permissions when
> building a PBI, I am willing to guess that you have manually updated
> your system packages from the command line, and simply forgot to run the
> "pc-extractoverlay ports" and "pc-extractoverlay desktop" commands,
> because that will make sure that your sudoers file is updated to match
> the switch over to using "sudo" instead of "su" for admin privileges
> inside applications.

Thanks but i have before used and now again

pc-extractoverlay ports

pc-extractoverlay desktop

Now is my sudoers file updated

ls -lh /usr/local/etc/sudoers
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel     4k 29 Jul 16:21 /usr/local/etc/sudoers

When i start EasyPBI from menu, ask for my user password

cat /usr/local/share/applications/EasyPBI.desktop | grep Exec=
Exec=EasyPBI

cat /usr/local/share/applications/EasyPBI.desktop | grep Categories=
Categories=Development;System;

build now good thanks.

When I start from menu System Package Manager, ask for my user password

cat /usr/local/share/applications/pc-pkgmanager.desktop | grep Exec=
Exec=sudo pc-pkgmanager

And go to tab Package Updates and say Refresh Packages, dies only without a message

when i as user from CLI start with, not ask for my user password

sudo pc-pkgmanager

or

pc-pkgmanager not get these messages Updating repository..., but works

"Updating repository catalogue"
"All packages are up to date!"

And go to tab Package Updates and say Refresh Packages get normal

"Updating repository catalogue"
"All packages are up to date!"

When i change pc-pkgmanager.desktop and start from menu System Package Manager, ask for my user password

cat /usr/local/share/applications/pc-pkgmanager.desktop | grep Exec=
Exec=pc-pkgmanager

And go to tab Package Updates and say Refresh Packages, dies only not message