[PC-BSD Dev] EasyPBI version 2.1 such user password and fail to build

nemysis nemysis at gmx.ch
Mon Jul 29 04:32:48 PDT 2013

>> There is nothing wrong with the requirement of user password instead of
>> root.
>> We have been switching everything over to using the "sudo" command
>> instead of "su", so that user password is the correct one that it should
>> be prompting for now.
>>
>> I will be updating the EasyPBI text here soon. Just waiting until I get
>> back from the conference I am at right now... :-)

> The problem is that the user is asked for the user password but the root password is required.

I suggest using pc-su instead of sudo.

pc-su application

pc-su use qsudo

It is advisable to adjust Desktop entries as under

cat /usr/local/share/applications/EasyPBI.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=pc-su EasyPBI
Icon=/usr/local/share/EasyPBI/EasyPBIicon.png
Type=Application

Categories=Development;System;
Name=EasyPBI
Name[ar]=EasyPBI

cat /usr/local/share/applications/pc-pkgmanager.desktop

[Desktopcat /usr/local/share/applications/pc-pkgmanager.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=pc-su pc-pkgmanager
Icon=computer
Type=Application
Categories=System;
Name=Package Manager
Name[bs]=Upravljać paketa
Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=pc-su pc-pkgmanager
Icon=computer
Type=Application
Categories=System;
Name=Package Manager
Name[bs]=Upravljač paketa

Other entries need minor adjustments on same lines.

From CLI everything works as expected.

Ideally I will prefer pc-su.
Works always good, the best is this one, native PC-BSD pc-su solution

pc-su EasyPBI

The following works well as per FreeBSD instructions

uxterm -e su -m root -c EasyPBI

The last option is to use as GNU/Linux Ubuntu solution

sudo /usr/local/bin/EasyPBI

From Curt Dox, this think I too