[PC-BSD Dev] latest 9.1

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu Jul 25 15:14:52 PDT 2013

On 07/25/2013 16:29, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 07/25/2013 15:27, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> - snip -
>>   - App-Cafe:
>>     - I have 16 Open office icons under the "Office" folder, not 16
>> "ApacheOpenOffice", but 16 times each executable (base, calc, impess,
>> etc....)
>>     - two "thunderbird" icons (one of those has "different colors")
>>     - clicking on "remove menu/desktop icon" doesn't do anything
>>     - clicking on "auto-update"  gets automatically unclicked (I was
>> not logged in as administrator, maybe that is the reason ?)
>>
> I'm not seeing where you run into these issues. Ken, want to give a hand
> here?
>
>> Fabry

I am not seeing these issues as well...
There should only be a single "Apache OpenOffice" entry in the "Office"
category from the PBI (which is what I am seeing here), and the same
goes with Thunderbird in the "Internet" category.  You didn't happen to
have installed OpenOffice and Thunderbird from ports/packages have you?

For the desktop/menu removals, try running this command and see if it
works for you (or if there is some error):
[code]
pbi_icon del-desktop del-menu
[/code]
You can see all the options for the pbi_icon command if you just run it
once without arguments.

Similarly, the only reason that the "auto-update" button would not work
for you that I can think of is that you installed the PBI as root, but
are trying to set the auto-update status as user, even though the
application does not require root permissions to install (causing it to
try and use user permissions, but failing because root created the dir).

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems