[PC-BSD Dev] latest 9.1

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jul 25 08:22:15 PDT 2013

On 07/25/2013 11:03, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> Hello, I have been starting to deploy the latest 9.1 today and I must
> say GREAT JOB.. faster all the way around.
>
> I have a question and two bug reports (I use LXDE):
>  - When I click on certain programs (like "printers"), it asks me the
> user password and not the administrator password, naturally if the
> user is not set it gives me an error.  Can we maybe just show the
> error before even asking the password ?

I think this can be done, I'll add that :)

>  - the "printers" shortcut doesn't work, I have to use chrome and go
> directly to the webinterface for CUPS to be able to configure the printer
Yea, the system-config-printer app is crashing right now, still looking
into it.

>  - trying to access smb:// always returns "operation not permitted"
> (if this is not solved soon I might have to downgrade to the old 9.1
> as this is kind of crucial for my company.. soon as in tomorrow)

Are you using the PCManFM filemanager from LXDE? I know LXDE is going
through a lot of transition right now, moving to QT and such, so I'm not
sure how long before that gets sorted out.

What I've been doing is using LXDE, but also having KDE installed and
using their "dolphin" file-manager. It does all the smb://, fish:// and
other protocols just fine, and works well from within LXDE also.