[PC-BSD Dev] pc-thinclient external dhcp server

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:32:32 PDT 2013

Kris,
I was able to get it to work.   I've replaced the network card and it works
perfect without the ping.

The ping stuff wasn't part of the modification.  I meant to say I was just
trying to use ping to diagnose why it wasn't working and that's when I
discovered that issue.  The /etc/hosts trick did not work for me either
until I replaced the nic.  I also tried with a fresh copy of true-os and
pc-thinclient just to be sure.  I had the same problem it locked up during
boot unless I pinged it until I replaced the nic.

After I was able to get everything working I did not require the entries in
/etc/hosts.  Do you still suggest I still devise a way to recreate those
host entries for the non dchp server option?  Thanks.

Joe Maloney