[PC-BSD Dev] ZFS 'Device Busy' error

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Tue Jul 9 16:44:00 PDT 2013

On 07/09/2013 09:39, Kris Moore wrote:
> Yea, that does seem odd... Can you not do "sudo zpool export testtank"
> or "zfs unmount /testtank" first?

Both give the same error. It works if I use -f to force it. But I don't
want to do that all the time, since you could be actually using it for
real and the brute force unmount would make you lose data.

> What does the output of "mount" show, anything else mounted on top of
> that device?

Nothing out of the ordinary, it's a standard PCBSD setup (the pool in
question here is tank3):

tank0/ROOT/default on / (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
linprocfs on /compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)
tank3 on /tank3 (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
tank0/tmp on /tmp (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/home on /usr/home (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/home/user on /usr/home/user (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/jails on /usr/jails (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/obj on /usr/obj (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/pbi on /usr/pbi (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/ports on /usr/ports (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/ports/distfiles on /usr/ports/distfiles (zfs, local, noatime,
nfsv4acls)
tank0/usr/src on /usr/src (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/var/audit on /var/audit (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/var/log on /var/log (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)
tank0/var/tmp on /var/tmp (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)

Claudio