[PC-BSD Dev] 9.2 Bug reporting tool

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Fri Jan 18 08:57:42 PST 2013

I do believe that TRAC have quite a bit of very useful hooks that can be
used to create/edit/solve tickets with other "events"

For example I do use a hook that update comments to tickets or even
closes them when I commit code into my SVN repository.  I bet a simple
hook can be created to create tickets when a database entry is found,
and the tool can simply add an entry to a different public database, the
script will read such entry and delete the entry once processed and then
use the TRAC API to create the ticket and do the necessary
assignment/emailing/etc...

Another example would be to create a script that read a POP3 email
address parse the content to find a specific sentence (to avoid SPAM
parsing) and have the tool simply send the email with such sentence
(could be via EMAIL client or even better via sendmail or the installed MTA)

I already wrote a script that reads and parse emails with PHP, it will
be very easy to modify it to do a different parsing and then pass the
content to the TRAC hook, let me know if you are interested in it.

Fabry