[PC-BSD Dev] accessibility/caribou

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 19:37:30 PST 2013

On Dec 23, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> On 12/23/2013 11:35, Joe Maloney wrote:
>> Kris,
>> I wasn't sure if you would get my comment on your commit.  It appears
>> your github fork page on github is doing some funny things like not
>> showing contributors or commit history.
>>
>> Anyways I noticed that you've been working on caribou as it looks like
>> it might have broke down on you.  I noticed it was modified a few days
>> ago over at freebsd-gnome with some different changes.  In particular
>> the post patch stuff appears to have been removed with them.
>>
>> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/marcuscom/ports/trunk/accessibility/caribou/Makefile?revision=18965&view=markup
>>
>> So I fired up my builds again.  It also appears that caribou is failing
>> with the changes made at freebsd-gnome so I reported that to Koop.  Btw
>> do you have any kind of public viewable log system for your ports like
>> this?
>>
>> http://www.pkgdemon.com/build-logs
>>
>> Also I can try to mirror what you do for port building with pkgdemon to
>> be able to keep up with and test ports builds locally.  I just wasn't
>> sure exactly what list of packages you build with poudriere?  Do you
>> have a list somewhere or do you just build the entire ports tree with
>> yours merged in?
>>
>> I've joined your commits mailing list to get a better idea when changes
>> are made at least.  I've also joined trac to see when others are putting
>> in tickets for gnome related stuff that I might be able to help out on.
>>
>> Joe Maloney

> I did pull in those recent changes from MarcusCom repo, however a number
> of those were failing with issues relating to some of the Python changes
> in the mainline ports tree. I've fixed all the breakage now, and all our
> pcbsd-meta* ports should be building properly again.

That makes sense.  I talked to Koop and showed him your fixes.  I think the gjs port had a problem as well.

> As for a package list, I'm doing an entire "bulk" build, if you use the
> pcbsd-build scripts and run "make ports-update-all && make ports" it
> should check-out / build our entire tree for testing.

I knew about the build script option.  I need to try that again sometime.  Whenever I've searched the PCBSD package repo for small things like mpd5 they don’t exist.  So I assumed maybe you built a smaller set of packages rather than all.

> The list of ports I had to fix in our repo:
>
> security/libpwquality
> accessibility/caribou
> foomatic-db (not from gnome3, breakage upstream)

I suppose if your not having any major problems and are not needing a hand there isn’t much point in me having my server crunch the same packages.  At least not for the 10 series but maybe for playing around with CURRENT.  But if you do need help with that later or it get’s overwhelming I don’t mind.  Sounds like you’ve got it under control though.

> As for not showing the specific commits. When I import Gnome3 /
> MarcusCom repo, its coming from SVN and using their "marcusmerge"
> scripts, which just blanket copies stuff into our tree, it doesn't
> preserve any commit stuff. If we want to do that, I'll need to
> investigate how to pull a set of SVN commits into GIT with history.

That also makes sense now.  I looked into fixing this once with svn2git.  This might be one option you can look into.