[PC-BSD Dev] pcbsd system source idea and question

Joe Maloney jpm820 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 00:12:21 PST 2013

Here is what I've been able to come up with now for a more simple version.

http://pastebin.com/7PHASL4S

I've been testing and it works but it takes about 25 minutes to fetch all
the source.

I had to use something like this to make up for not being able to run to
instances of prog, args in startPorts to run two git commands on after
another.:

system("git --git-dir=/usr/ports/.git fetch" );

Otherwise they would run at the same time which would be bad.  I'm not sure
of a better way to do it at this point but my gut tells me using system()
might not be a great idea.

I haven't commited this yet as it's really slow and I figured I would see
what your thoughts were first.

Joe Maloney