[PC-BSD Dev] QT 5 QDnsLookup

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Sat Aug 17 12:11:34 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM,  <janik at hikarihq.com> wrote:

> I know this is not completely related to PC-BSD but I have been told that
> there are some QT devs here.

This is totally unrelated to PCBSD. And by the way, it spells "Qt".

> I was trying the example there and wanted to show the SRV records using a
> simple qDebug to test it out, but I'm not sure how to proceed with that.

What is the problem? We can try to help but you have to detall what
you cannot achieve/do. However, I guess this is a more related
question for the qt forums.

> Also if I am reading correctly
> QList<QDnsMailExchangeRecord> QDnsLookup::mailExchangeRecords() const
> Would be what I'de need to use for the MX records and it returns a QList?

Yes, it returns a list because there could be more than one server
handling mail for a specific domain (you kno,w reliability, high
availability, failover, and so on).

> How do initialise that to be able to access the data from the lookup?

You don't have to initialize, it is returned from the method call.

> One last question, can anyone explain to me why the "const" at the end?

It means that the method is not a mutator for the object you are
invoking the method on.
Again, these are doubts much more suitable for a c++/qt forum than for
this mailing list. Are there any reasons why you are posting them