[PC-BSD Dev] QT 5 QDnsLookup

janik at hikarihq.com janik at hikarihq.com
Thu Aug 15 15:51:55 PDT 2013

I know this is not completely related to PC-BSD but I have been told
that there are some QT devs here.

I am trying to create a QT program that checks some of the DNS records
of a domain (mainly the MX records using QDnsLookup

I have been reading QT's documentation

I was trying the example there and wanted to show the SRV records using
a simple qDebug to test it out, but I'm not sure how to proceed with

Also if I am reading correctly
QList<QDnsMailExchangeRecord> QDnsLookup::mailExchangeRecords() const
Would be what I'de need to use for the MX records and it returns a
QList? How do initialise that to be able to access the data from the

One last question, can anyone explain to me why the "const" at the end?
I mean I understand what const means I haven't seen that much at the
very end of a prototype though.

Thank you very much for your help.