[PC-BSD Dev] Good way to manage packages built with different options?

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Wed Aug 7 10:36:48 PDT 2013

Hello,
Is there a way to permanently skip packages from being updated?
Here's my situation:
I use Qt Creator for development. It needs the latest GDB with Python
support.
My first option was to use Qt Creator from a PBI: it doesn't include its
own GDB (why not? but that's a different topic), it uses the system GDB
which doesn't have python enabled by default.
I compiled GDB 7.6 from ports with Python support and installed it. It
works fine, but every time there's an update, my GDB loses python
support and I need to reinstall from ports.

There should be a way (maybe already is) to mark a package as being
built from ports, rather than downloaded from pkgng, so that pkgng
doesn't try to update it?

Claudio