[PC-BSD Dev] ZFS Snapshot properties?

Claudio L. claudio at hpgcc3.org
Sat Aug 3 13:52:43 PDT 2013

Hello,
Moving along with the disk manager, I found out that the command 'zfs
snapshot' accepts setting properties in the command line.
However, Oracle documentation says that snapshots don't have properties
and cannot be set.
If I try to set a property on a snapshot using the command line, it
always fails (at least with the few properties that I tried).
Why does the 'zfs' command allow for property setting if no properties
can be set? Or are there certain properties that can? If so, please
point me to a list of properties that are valid on snapshots, I couldn't
find anything out there.

Thank you,
Claudio