[PC-BSD Dev] Switching VCS to Git

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Apr 17 06:36:41 PDT 2013

On 04/17/2013 09:29, Kris Moore wrote:
> On 04/17/2013 01:09, Florian Stinglmayr wrote:
>> Is there any particular reason why you did not convert the entire SVN
>> history? Having that would be helpful IMHO.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Florian
>>

> I started to, but then decided against it for a few reasons:
>
> 1. It was making the new repo very large, lots of binary blobs and such
> was ballooning it up to ~3GB. This seemed like a good time to trim down
> to reasonable initial clone time.
>
> 2. We only have a few very active developers, so I figured most wouldn't
> mind.
>
> 3. We will still have the old SVN repo available in read-only mode for
> the foreseeable future, which still has all the SVN history intact, in
> case somebody needs to get at it.

My only request is to also transfer the pcbsd-projects tree to a git
repo. There is some important stuff in there, and that is the main
development arena I use for new utilities so I don't have to worry about
committing partially completed work. Also the EasyPBI directory in there
contains all the scripts and stuff necessary to update the EasyPBI port
in about 5 minutes.  :-)

--
~~Ken Moore~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems