[PC-BSD Dev] Switching VCS to Git

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Apr 17 06:29:44 PDT 2013

On 04/17/2013 01:09, Florian Stinglmayr wrote:
> Is there any particular reason why you did not convert the entire SVN
> history? Having that would be helpful IMHO.
>
> Regards,
> Florian

I started to, but then decided against it for a few reasons:

1. It was making the new repo very large, lots of binary blobs and such
was ballooning it up to ~3GB. This seemed like a good time to trim down
to reasonable initial clone time.

2. We only have a few very active developers, so I figured most wouldn't
mind.

3. We will still have the old SVN repo available in read-only mode for
the foreseeable future, which still has all the SVN history intact, in
case somebody needs to get at it.