[PC-BSD Dev] You dudes need some more Qt/C++ help?

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Thu May 31 23:31:08 PDT 2012

31.05.2012 21:26, Guillermo Amaral написал:
> Hey guys!
>
> I've got a hankering to help with more PC-BSD stuff since I've been slacking
> on the promo end, you guys need some Qt/C++/C help?
>
> You know you do ;)

I'd like to propose interesting project to you.
As you may know, many Linux distro's now proposing download single ISO,
but not USB .img as do FreeBSD.
For example, for Ubuntu, to write ISO to Usb - you need to use tool,
like here in example:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/create-a-usb-stick-on-ubuntu

FreeBSD is now lacking of such tool, so to simply boot some linux from
USB flash is pretty annoying task - you need either some win machine, or
one more linux.
Or you need virtual linux to create bootable media :D

I'm not a prophet, but seems that soon all linuxes will ship iso and
iso-to-usb tool.
Would be good if FreeBSD had workaround at this time.

Thanks.