[PC-BSD Dev] Boot time + boot screen + LXDE

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Fri Mar 9 08:59:56 PST 2012

On 03/09/2012 11:16, Kris Moore wrote:
> I'm trying to debug this issue now. Its a weird one. On my system here,
> the refresh only happens for about a minute, then it stabilizes and
> works normally. Is that what you see on your systems as well?

It does no matter how long I have the computers on :-(

> The LXDE file-manager doesn't do all the niceties like smb: browsing. I
> usually run LXDE with KDE installed, so I can bring up dolphin if I want
> to do that.

that means that is not ready for production here then.. Most of our
company data is on the network.

I will install KDE on all the computers so they can access it and work
on it correctly.

one more thing:

On one computer I have 2 users:
  - admin
  - csr

the admin doesn't have the network bookmarked and it was created at
installation
csr was added later and it has the network share bookmarked

admin I can write: smb://192.168.1.###/sharefiles  and I am able to
access the shares, it asks me the username and password each time (they
are different than the user username and password) and it works.

on the user csr I can write smb://192.168.1.###/ and I am able to see
the shares, as soon as I click on one (that time that it should ask me
to authenticate) it gives me the error.  I have a username in the samba
server called "csr" and it uses the same user and password as the "csr"
user on this computer.

This said, I have a second computer with 1 user only, the user was
created during installation and has the same sharedfiles bookmarked and
and the username and password are on the samba server.  This computer
doesn't have any problems re-opening the share. the username is 8 chars
long (fabrizio).

All the users are set to be admins and the two computers are two
identical computers with the same updates and same PBIs except the
second one that  has eclipse installed.

I haven't had time to try longer usernames or to not use the bookmarks
or to check the differences in the home folder between two brand new
user (installation user and added user).

Fabry