[PC-BSD Dev] Squashfs for LiveCDs

Dave Vasilevsky dave at vasilevsky.ca
Wed Jun 27 20:03:53 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:
> When you had this bug, did you check to make sure the FUSE module was loaded first? We don't load this on the install media by default.

I had SetupLive.sh kldload it. The image mounted just fine as far as I
can tell, when I got a command line I could run programs from it and
all. Just Xorg would fail.

> Do you know if this is going to go into the port here in the near future? I would love to include it, but usually try to not use too many unsupported patches :)

I can understand that! Judging from this thread, some folks aren't too
enthusiastic about adding it to HEAD:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2012-March/032374.html
. On the other hand, there are a ton of FUSE-based ports, so clearly
some people are interested in FUSE staying kinda-mostly-supported.

Dave