[PC-BSD Dev] Dev Digest, Vol 53, Issue 14

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:06:34 PDT 2012

(Replying below quote per FreeBSD list etiquette)

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM, <dev-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

> [...]

<http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Become_a_Developer>wiki page:

If you like programming, and especially coding on FreeBSD, we would love to
see you join the PC-BSD Team as a PC-BSD committer. Developers who want to
help improve the PC-BSD codebase are always welcome! If you would like to
take part in core development, and possibly earn a commit bit, a good place
to get started is by signing up for the developers mailing list. Once you
have signed up, feel free to browse our active TODO
or search for bugs that need fixing in the PC-BSD Trac
If you see something of interest you want to work on, or have a proposal
for a project you wish to add to PC-BSD, please let us know via the
developers list and we will be happy to help get you started.

Most of the PC-BSD specific GUI tools are developed in C++ using the QT
Libraries, and other non-GUI development is done using standard Bourne
shell scripts. There may be cases where other languages or libraries are
needed, but those will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so feel free
to let us know your proposals on the developers mailing list.

Developers will also find the following resources helpful:

   - Development wiki <http://trac.pcbsd.org/wiki/Developers>
   - Getting PC-BSD Source <http://trac.pcbsd.org/wiki/GettingSource>
   - qmake manual <http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qmake-manual.html>

So it looks like you're partway there already. [?]  I look forward to
hearing of your contributions and wish you success with all that you