[PC-BSD Dev] Dev Digest, Vol 53, Issue 14

Curt Dox tigersharke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:06:34 PDT 2012

(Replying below quote per FreeBSD list etiquette)

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM, <dev-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

> [...]

Guillermo,

Welcome!

>From Become a Developer
<http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Become_a_Developer>wiki page:

If you like programming, and especially coding on FreeBSD, we would love to
see you join the PC-BSD Team as a PC-BSD committer. Developers who want to
help improve the PC-BSD codebase are always welcome! If you would like to
take part in core development, and possibly earn a commit bit, a good place
to get started is by signing up for the developers mailing list. Once you
have signed up, feel free to browse our active TODO
list<http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_9.1_TODO>,
or search for bugs that need fixing in the PC-BSD Trac
database<http://trac.pcbsd.org/>.
If you see something of interest you want to work on, or have a proposal
for a project you wish to add to PC-BSD, please let us know via the
developers list and we will be happy to help get you started.

Most of the PC-BSD specific GUI tools are developed in C++ using the QT
Libraries, and other non-GUI development is done using standard Bourne
shell scripts. There may be cases where other languages or libraries are
needed, but those will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so feel free
to let us know your proposals on the developers mailing list.

Developers will also find the following resources helpful: