[PC-BSD Dev] 9.2 Bug reporting tool

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sun Dec 30 01:11:45 PST 2012

30.12.2012 5:18, Justin Muniz пишет:
> Hello everyone. I am looking to volunteer my time and skills to help the project. I think that PC-BSD is great and I could use the experience. I have looked though the code base and checked out the to do list.
Hello Justin!
That's just great!
I had same idea years ago, but I lacked time then.
My idea was make very easy, very simple bug reporting, which could allow
full bug reports, and also one-liners.
This could be made as KDE plasmoid (at start), and integrated either in
screen corner/side, or into tray.
It could be great to have click tray -> New bug -> window popping out.
There you immmediately in simple mode, which means that there is only
textarea and checkbox ticked "include my hw/OS info".
The "bug" created this way is sent somewhere to PC-BSD's web acceptor.

Also, complex mode could be made with a lot of options to chose, like
what subsystem, what cause, what do you think of
workarounds, etc.

What do you think about this ways? :)