[PC-BSD Dev] PC-BSD 9.1 now available!

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Fri Dec 21 13:12:06 PST 2012

I as able to install 9.1 using the system update and my local repo.
I still have issues installing it from the DVD, after over 55 minutes of
slowing copying files and extracting I gave up.  I have tried on 2
different computers with 2Gb and 3Gb of ram.  installing only LXDE and
everything else leaving it as default values.  32bit version.

On my machine updates with system-update everything seems to work, the
network configuration has a small bug.  If you customize the DNS and you
click on "public server", then "OK" or "CANCEL" for the new window, it
closes the network configuration completely.  Other than that I did
change the proxy and it seems like it worked correctly. I would suggest
a small window to ask the user for what domains/IP they do not want to
use the proxy (the NO_PROXY var), and autofil it with the current values

Anyway, great job.

Fabry