[PC-BSD Dev] PC-BSD 9.1 now available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Dec 19 10:59:05 PST 2012

On 12/19/2012 13:06, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> Thank you, if I understand this correctly, to have the system download
> only the system updates for my system I can simply use
>
> rsync -vaz --delete isc.pcbsd.org::ftp/system-updates/9.\* .
>
> How can I then have the systems download the updates from a mirror and
> the PBI from a different one ?
> or, if I sync only the PBIs that I need (using the same structure)
> will the AppCafe/System update work with the same mirror ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Fabry

You can mangle the rsync command any way you want to get only specific
parts of the mirror repo. However it may be more trouble than its worth,
if you have enough disk space a full-mirror is nice, so you don't have
to worry about missing a PBI or update or such. It'll take a day or two
to do the initial sync, but when its done, you can just do a nightly
re-sync and it should only take minutes for most days.