[PC-BSD Dev] Window maker and Enlightenment support in future

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 02:43:43 PDT 2012

Hi PCBSDer -

I have tried using Window Maker on PCBSD9.0-RELEASE and it is good to see
that some PCBSD features are implemented in this window manager (e.g.
AppCafe). However there definitely are some more improvement that can be
done in future. For example when minimize AppCafe the "docked" icon for
AppCafe appears to be black and white with a very low resolution - at least
this is how it looks like on my computer.

I wish in future Window Maker (and preferably Enlightenment too) can be
fully supported in PCBSD like those other desktops (although I know Window
Manager and enlightenment are not really Desktop environments). I would
like to know what are the requirements to make these desktops to be fully
supported by PCBSD so that when I have time I will see what I can do to
make this happen in future.

Regards,
Sam