[PC-BSD Dev] kernel choise boot menu. beastie.4th file

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:17:40 PDT 2011

Hello

I did some changes to beastie.4th file to add kernel choice boot menu. You
can see screens and additional info at my wiki:
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/pcbsd-extras/wiki/kernels_menu
If you want to enable kernels menu add *kernelmenu_show="YES" *to
loader.conf
To enable kernel.old menu item add * kernelold_show="YES"*  to loader.conf
To enable kernel.pcbsd menu item add  *kernelgeneric_show="YES"*  to
loader.conf

The next step is adding script to rc.shutdown which checks /boot directory
for available kernels and then apply changes to loader.conf

As you can see I add generic kernel menu entry (for kernel.pcbsd). IMHO
adding generic pcbsd kernel to default distribution is a the good think.
Kris, can you add that kernel?

PS. You can found my current beastie.4th file in attachment. It is still
under development. I hope to finish work during the next week or two.
--
Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk